Ah it’s finally cooling down; I love
this time of year! October is a great month in a lot of ways but its General
Conference time; a time where the great leaders of our church can teach us the
things that God wants us to hear. It is amazing how he speaks to us through
them and at least one of the talks definitely hits home on a new personal
revelation or something we need to improve. In order for us to gain this
blessing from conference we need to heed the Holy Ghost’s promptings and be
worthy and prepared to have the spirit with us at all times. This has been
brought to my attention right before I started writing this message because I
received a phone call from my father. We all feel a little down or off some
days and today was that for me, but once I received that phone call I was ten
times better. I know that my dad was following the promptings of the spirit to
call me and just see how I was doing. He probably doesn’t know what it meant to
me that he called, but it made my day a little brighter and happier. I hope that all of us can be closer to the spirit each and every day and that
we might be an answer to someone’s prayer who needs a little pick me up. The
best way I find to be closer to the spirit is by reading the scriptures. Lucky
for us the Ensign this month is focusing on the Book of Mormon, how exciting!
Hope you all have a great week!
Carie
No comments:
Post a Comment