what a happy and beautiful morning!!! I hope some of you got to see the sunrise this morning, it was amazing!! what a glorious way to start the day; enveloped in the awe and wonder of our Father in Heaven's creations :-)
I have had some great experiences with the scriptures this week already that I wanted to share with you sisters. Sunday the topic that come coming to my mind over and over was; willingness. Willingness to be obedient, willingness to be open to the promptings of the Holy Ghost, willing to follow the will of God and not our own will, willing to share our time, talents, and smiles with others!! what a wonderful word to study this week----I would love to hear your thoughts and some of your guys' favortite quotes or scriptures that you find on willingness. There is also an awesome conference talk from 2 years back; An easiness and willingness to believe.
another great enlightenment I had yesterday lol was about James 1:5.... if any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God. Now I will have to confess i have mostly looked at this scripture from an ecclesiastical standpoint, but yesterday it was quite clear to me that it is an EVERYDAY scripture for advice. When I am struggling how to best handle a conflict between employees at work (this was the theme apparently at work yesterday lol), or who to hire, or how to best raise Amaiya with the balance of love and instruction that she needs----I need to turn to the Lord for direction/wisdom and advice for if I believe and have faith then He will answer me, direct me, and help me to make the best decision (better than I ever could do for myself) for effectiveness, efficiency, and overall fulfillment of what is best for everyone (and maybe not right that instant, but best for down the road). How many times are we "willing" to seek the Lord's help and direction in church or religious matters, but forget that He is all knowing and His wisdom can help us be much more effective in all aspects of our life (work, parenting, etc) if we would just be more willing to rely on His wisdom than our own.
President Monson said this in this month's Ensign (pg 25)
"... (quoting someone else) 'the recognition of power higher than man himself does not in any sense debase him'. He must seek, believe in, pray, and hope that he will find. No such sincere, prayerful effort will go unanswered: that is the very constitution of the philosophy of faith. Divine favor will attend those who humbly seek it".
What wonderful words of advice!!! what is even more amazing is that I know these things bring us closer to Him that created us and will bring us more joy and true happiness than we could ever hope to imagine!
:-) happy day to you all!
much love,
carie
No comments:
Post a Comment