Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Weekly Thought


Good morning my dear sisters!!


We had an amazing Ward Conference on Sunday! Thank you to the stake for coming and edifying us :-)


I have been contemplating much lately regarding our everyday lives (probably because I have been busy at work and needed a break lol); but as I was listening to President Monson's talk in October 2008 and reading in 1 Nephi; I realized that so much time is spent not enjoying this journey! Life is far from perfect, but that doesn't mean it isn't glorious right now! I don't need to wait until Brandon and I have found and bought the perfect house (where the weeds cut themselves), or wait until my business gets off the ground, or until I have miraculously been given 30 hours instead of 24 () --- I can find joy in my triumphs and my struggles now. I can see those trials as stepping stones to build my faith and gratitude in the Lord or I can allow them to become a hinderment to my spiritual progress and lead to my downfall.

Heavenly Father is ever so mindful of us; so let not our "broken bows" (as in 1 Nephi 16) be source of "murmurig" aka frustration but find joy and gratitude in the journey as President Monson says in the talk below.




have a wonderful week and remember you are all choice daughters of God who loves you!!

love carie

No comments:

Post a Comment